Subject: Re: Macs faults
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Kretschmer <mccratch@gmx.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2003 17:53:11

> So I'm curious how you are trying to tell OSX to use GMT, and why it's
> not working.  I had hoped OSX would work like UNIX, being based on it.

I had netbsd and OS X displaying the same time just by using the default
/etc/timezone symlink, don't looked too much into it, but I guess there is
some way of changing the behaviour of OS X in this or that direction, but
there is set some "OS 9" compatibility as default. Maybe have a look at
the various darwin documentations, this shouldn't be an issue of the GUI
:)

--
Gruss
Matthias Kretschmer