Subject: Re: Macs faults
To: Cristian Dumitrescu <cristiandumitrescu@b.astral.ro>
From: Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta@inria.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/05/2003 12:32:40
Somewhat off-topic but what the hey...

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Cristian Dumitrescu wrote:
> that he happilly ran YDL 2.3 on his iBook. After a while he decided to make
> a dual boot system, installing OSX also. And surprise: every time he booted
> in YDL after that he had to connect to a time server in order to readjust
> the system time !!

I get this too.  There is about an 8-hour time difference between OSX and
Linux on my tibook.  (If I fix it in one it breaks in the other.)
Setting the system clock to store GMT (or not) doesn't change anything.
It's driving me nuts.  I think I'll just give up and tell Linux that I'm
living 8 hours west of where I really am.  (Hmm, maybe Apple decided that
the international date line really passes through Cupertino rather than
Greenwich?)

Ian