Subject: Re: badblock check.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/01/2003 11:43:47
> I use my macppc to prepare (SCSI) discs for my IIci machine.

> Now I suspect the IIci disc is broken, but how do I force a badblock
> check?

> (system: pmac 4400 with SCSI disc on external cabinet on external
> port)

Well, there's a useful little utility called sdd that I use on Suns for
such purposes; while I've never tried it on my 4400, I see no
particular reason to think it wouldn't work.

If you have trouble finding it drop me a line off-list and we can
arrange to get you a copy of what I've got.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign