Subject: luck with 1.6 and blackdown java?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/27/2003 11:25:49
Hello,

Has anyone had luck with 1.6 and blackdown java.

I appear to performed a comedy of errors:

- installed vanila 1.6
- installed current pkgsrc
- tried to install current blackdown java - failed trying to run one of
the linux emulation packages (kernel too old)
- tried updating kernel to top of 1.6 branch - paniced (G4 Ti 500)
- installed 1.6 branch pkgsrc
- tried to install blackdown - pkgsrc got reall confused over some of
those installed packages
- forced the install of the java bits - found that the java script uses
`uname -m`, which returned macppc, but it was assuming just ppc.

I'm assuming I'm going to have to scrub much of my pkgsrc directory.
Just want to hear a success story first.

enjoy,
Andrew