Subject: SCSI ZIP 100 on mesh() vs macppc
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2003 15:17:51
	I've been messing with my old Beige G3 lately and decided to
install to a SCSI ZIP100 D.09. During boot, everything is horribly slow,
it takes about 25 seconds to probe the SCSI chain, and then I'm greeted
with sd0: cache synchronization failed. With this drive connected, the
whole system seems sluggish. Data transfer in OS X run about 150k/sec,
which use to be 512k/sec in OS 9. Is it really possible that this drive
actually preforms SLOWER in sync mode than async? Can anyone else confirm
or deny this? I'm thinking PQUIRK_NOSYNC and/or PQUIRK_NOSYNCCACHE might
be an order. (Make sure the ZIP drive is always the last device in your
SCSI chain, having anything hooked on past it is always problematic in my
experience)