Subject: SCSI ZIP 100 on mesh() vs macppc
To: None <>
From: Christopher Tribo <>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2003 15:17:51
	I've been messing with my old Beige G3 lately and decided to
install to a SCSI ZIP100 D.09. During boot, everything is horribly slow,
it takes about 25 seconds to probe the SCSI chain, and then I'm greeted
with sd0: cache synchronization failed. With this drive connected, the
whole system seems sluggish. Data transfer in OS X run about 150k/sec,
which use to be 512k/sec in OS 9. Is it really possible that this drive
actually preforms SLOWER in sync mode than async? Can anyone else confirm
or deny this? I'm thinking PQUIRK_NOSYNC and/or PQUIRK_NOSYNCCACHE might
be an order. (Make sure the ZIP drive is always the last device in your
SCSI chain, having anything hooked on past it is always problematic in my