Subject: Re: problem!
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Zagreb=20Zea?= <zzaragon@yahoo.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/18/2003 04:32:54
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Zagreb Zea wrote:

> Dear NetBSD:
> I tried to install debian by myself and I was using
> netbsd system disk tutorial.
> So in the open firmware I gave the command:
> setenv real-base F4000, then

	That should be F00000 IIRC, getting real-base wrong will ruin your
day. (Been there, done that, ate my foot. [open mouth, insert foot, echo
internally])

> and now my computer won`t start up.
> It`s a PPC G3 beige minitower.
> I tried starting with CD but it did`nt work.
> Help please what should I do?

	Hold down Command-Option-P-R immediately after hitting the power
switch and if it works, after a short delay it will reboot the computer.
So this and make it reboot 5 times without letting go of the keys, then
try again.

	Failing that, you'll have to unplug it from the wall, push the
power button a few times to drain any excess charge from the power supply,
remove the Battery and let it sit for 10 or 20 minutes. Then retry.

	The first and/or Second should get you back to a useable
configuration, but you'll have to redo all your environment variables and
the like.