Subject: installation boot process
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dario Billo <dario.billo@libero.it>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/15/2003 00:56:29
Hi all, I'm trying to boot the installation of NetBSD on my PowerBook G4 =
1GHz.=20
I've used the kernel found in the dir=20
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/soren/macppc
and the installer start, I create the partitions, but when I select the=20
package to install it start to read from cd (downloaded from ftp.netbsd.o=
rg)=20
but stall there. I've tried to start using the direct download from inter=
net,=20
but the kernel of installer doesn't recognize my built-in ethernet. Have =
you=20
also this problems? Have you a kernel that you have already used on this=20
platform and that start securely? Thank you for help.
Another question, do you know an irc channel where I can found help for N=
etBSD=20
on macppc? Thank you, Hi