Subject: Re: ACARD,6260 (Sonnet Tempo Ultra 66) Boot command?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Daniel Lamblin <daniell@trillian.beachbash.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/03/2003 18:01:04
Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  My booting problems appear to be a
quirk of my card.
I moved by drive from master on ide0 to master on ide1 and can now
successfully boot with:
/bandit/ACARD,6260/disk@2:0    which is analagous to
   pci1/ACARD,6260/disk@2:0

I don't know why it didn't boot on ide0 bus, though it did install.

Just for completeness I redid the whole install to see if I would still
get an error or a segfault during the installboot portion of the process.
I did, so that part has to be done by hand still.

I used firmware 3.21 from acard.com, which was slightly higher in version
number than what sonnet was offering for the card, perhaps that's the
issue.

Maybe its just a first boot thing, but it didn't find my root device
automatically.  Are there flags for that?

Other than that the console is slow.  Can't wscons potentially use my
voodoo3's text mode?  Have people tried a different console for macppc?

Thanks,
-Daniel

ps I noticed one or two manpages mentioned in intro pages to be missing.
one from a sub page that springs to mind is cdk_draw, and bit_string
did I mess up the man.tgz install or is that just how it is?