Subject: Re: NetBSD on ANS 700 ?
To: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/30/2003 12:36:44
> Once should be enough. The dir method doesn't work. Don't ask me why,
> but it seems to one of those bugs in Open Firmware.

	OpenFirmware prior to version 3 does not support the HFS or HFS+
file systems; only the MacOS ROM does. The NetBSD CD should be an
openfirmware bootable hybrid ISO/HFS disc, though I haven't looked at it
closely. I was also not able to boot the 1.6 Release ISO on ftp.netbsd.org
on my Beige G3, you might want to grab the one off of releng.netbsd.org
instead, its been rumoured to work better.