Subject: NetBSD on ANS 700 ?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Bartosh <mbartosh@4am-media.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/29/2003 23:02:27
Several months ago (oct) I attempted to install NetBSD on my ANS 700,
according to a pdf I found online.

I tried again today- with newly downloaded cd images
(http://kelvin.macvaerk.dtu.dk/ans/)

but i'm still getting:

bad partition number, using CLAIM0 failed

..when I try to boot the cd.

Nothing special here- I even took out my RAID card in order to make
things simpler.

That said- the funny thing is, sometimes I can actually boot the mlx
image. Usually, I get to boot:, type netbsd.gz, and it kernel panics.
Is this due to the fact that the mlx cdrom is ISO ? (contrary to the
ppf, I have to use ISO filenames- OFWBOOT.XCF;1, etc).

...of course, now that I try again, all boots are failing with:

So the whole ordeal is pretty inconsistent. The one time I did get
booted, I couldn't see any of the hd's (which do show up in OF).

Any ideas?? Firmware requirements? Anyone actually get the OS loaded?

Thanks.