Subject: Re: NetBSD on iBook (Dec 2002, NewWorld)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Kretschmer <mccratch@gmx.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/23/2003 22:20:11
On 2003-01-23 at 03:55:30 (-0500), Allen Briggs wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 09:09:40PM +0100, Matthias Kretschmer wrote:
> > But I have another question:
> > Someone tried to get X11 working on iBook early/summer 2002 with Radeon
> > Mobility LY (M6)? I had problems with it trying to get XF4.x running.
> > Tested from cvs xsrc, cvs xfree86, some prebuild driver posted to this
> > list. The best result I got was the 1024x768 resolution streched, so
> > that only a part (around 80%) was shown (looked like the driver is
> > thinking there is a 1280x960 or something display connected). So the
> > screen looks very ugly, because it is scaled and I don't see anything.
> > Someone knows some good solution for this?
>
> Did you try the PanelWidth and PanelHeight suggested by someone on this
> list?  I'm afraid I don't have the reference now, but you might be able
> to find it with a search.

Yes - didn't worked with this binary-only patched driver posted to this
list (all other's just didn't run I forgot to say - some "can't map
screen" error - found some references about it, but all suggested
"solutions" just didn't worked - well and I tried the binary version
found on the ftp server in NetBSD/arch/macppc/*)

--
Gruss
  Matthias Kretschmer