Subject: Re: Preparing to install
To: NetBSD-PPC <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/23/2003 21:23:44
Bert> similar machine (Starmax 3000/4000 or PowerPC 4400) and can warn me of any
Bert> hidden pitfalls. I don't have a processor upgrade, but I do have multiple
Bert> SCSI HD's, and two SCSI CD drives (1 burner and one reader) neither of which
Bert> are directly supported by Apple, so I don't know if they'll be supported by

I am using several StarMax 3000/4000 Machines with NetBSD.
They work great. My main router runs with NetBSD on 3000/200.

Several things you need to know.
Slave drive on IDE won't boot.
   That means you can not boot from internal CDROM-drive
   unless you switch IDE0/IDE1 by opening box.
   You can use those once you booted NetBSD.
   But you may use SCSI drives, sounds great.

What else... depends how to get OF prompt, serial or screen.
But the story may be written on INSTALL note.
You need real-base set to F00000 as regular OF 1/2 machine.
---
Makoto Fujiwara,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.