Subject: Re: Teron CX Motherboard Support
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/2002 13:01:51
On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 12:13 PM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 4:09 PM -0800 12/15/02, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
>> I posted this to port-powerpc but I thought I would post it here too:
>
> I don't see any mention of Open Firmware.  Does the spec they're using
> require OF?  If so then port-ofppc should "just work".

It uses something called PPCBoot that was designed to run Linux.
Information on PPCBoot is available at:

http://ppcboot.sourceforge.net/

It uses an IBM 750CXe 600MHz G3 processor and an Articia S North
bridge. More of the details about the board are available at:

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/boxer/teron_cx.shtml

I have been looking into what it would take to port NetBSD myself and I
have started digging up information on the chip and so forth. Any
suggestions or interest in working on the porting?

> Anyone going to port Darwin to it?  That would be technically
> interesting and probably financially unpleasant.

That would be an interesting project. Theoretically it could then run
Mac OS X if Apple decided to do that. Very unlikely though.

Bryan