Subject: Re: stop-a equiv?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/14/2002 00:02:47
On Friday 13 December 2002 09:01, Derek Peschel wrote:
> But der Mouse also mentioned ddb, the kernel debugger.  Would that work
> for you?  It can sync and reboot and do other things.  On my machine,
> the keystroke is control-option-escape at the console.  You might be
> able to set up a keystroke that will go through your terminal server.
> You should also make sure you can run ddb reliably (I discovered the
> 1.5 kernel needed some patches before it would work for me).

This sounds like what I need.  Nothing fancy (though I do appreciate the
off-the-cuff design work, Chris :).  So, reading the ddb man page it
indicates that a break signal should trigger the debugger.  This just caused
my local terminal to become unresponsive, but my pseudo terminal and bash
shell remain seemingly happy.  I'm running 1.5.3.  A fair guess that I'm
going to require these same patches?

Thanks-
Rich