Subject: Re: stop-a equiv?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2002 16:10:04
> I could be wrong, but I've always assumed stop-A was an OpenFirmware
> function on Suns.

Only partially true.  Once the OS is up, it's up to the OS to handle
that, if it's to be handled at all.  (That's why it can drop into ddb
if the OS is so configured instead of breaking to the ROMs.)

It is true to the extent that when OF is handling the keyboard, it
deals with L1-A.  (You can tell I date from Sun-3 days; that key is
marked L1 in my mind....)

> BTW, the pin-out on the old serial ports is the same (or close
> enough) as was on the old SGI systems.

I've found that Sun and Mac miniDIN8-to-DB25 adapters are functionally
interchangable, though I admittedly haven't tried actually using the
modem control lines or anything, just pins 1-2-3-7 (DB25 pin numbers).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign