Subject: stop-a equiv?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2002 09:42:02
I could be wrong, but I've always assumed stop-A was an OpenFirmware function
on Suns.  If that's true, is there any equivelant for the OF that Apple uses?
In particular, my 7500/OF 1.0.5 system?  I managed to hang my system up the
other day and had to just hit the power button to get it to reboot.
Sometimes I work on it remotely over a terminal server and can't do that.  A
key stroke to drop into OF would do it though.

BTW, the pin-out on the old serial ports is the same (or close enough) as was
on the old SGI systems.  SGI used to ship their systems with a mini-DIN to
DB-25 adapter.  This same adapter works on the Mac.  Just something to keep
in mind if you're going through an old junk pile.

-Rich