Subject: Re: blackdown linuxppc problem on netbsd 1.6
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2002 16:59:14
Tom Winchester wrote:

> I have netbsd 1.6 installed on my imac, and went to install the
> blackdown linuxppc port of java. I compiled a kernel with COMPAT_LINUX,
> installed linuxppc_lib through pkgsrc, and then blackdown jre and jdk.
>
> Upon running with a simple command, say 'java -version', I receive
> complaints about a missing glibc library:
>
> ----------------------
>
> [winchest@localhost ~] {Sat 28 Sep 2002} 11:40pm 1 > java -version
>

> /usr/pkg/java/blackdown-1.3.1/bin/ppc/native_threads/java:
> /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by
> /usr/pkg/java/blackdown-1.3.1/lib/ppc/native_threads/libhpi.so)

I recently updated the packages of Blackdown and the Linux libraries.
The JRE and JDK run on my -current system, albeit not with native
threads, only green threads (the package is therefore configured
to use green threads by default).

On 1.6, run the following commands as root before installing:

# sysctl -w emul.linux.kern.osrelease=2.4.18
# ( echo; echo emul.linux.kern.osrelease=2.4.18 ) >> /etc/sysctl.conf

- Amitai