Subject: Re: Beige G3 - Unable to boot install
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2002 21:10:44
	To the best of my very small knowledge, what happens is this:
patches are installed to NVRAM, then the open firmware environment
variable boot-command is changed to X bootr. bootr is the command in
NVRAMRC that does things based upon the boot-device variable. You'll
notice that it does a pattern match on ide0, ide1, enet and scsi and the
keyboard, installing various patches to things as they are used. This is
the reason that you have to reset-all when you change your boot-device
settings. So basically boot is an alias to bootr which is a forth
subroutine in nvram-rc that calls the "real" boot command after hopefully
doing the right stuff to make the "real" boot be able to do its thing.