Subject: Re: Beige G3 - Unable to boot install
To: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2002 17:27:36
At 7:59 PM -0500 12/11/02, Christopher Tribo wrote:
>	I thought you had to compile OFWboot.xcf to match the load base
>setting in OpenFirmware. Any chance that load-base 660000 works? I
>remember having an OFWBOOT.XCF that was compiled to load at that address
>that didn't work on my OF 2.0f1 machine.

The situation is actually messy.  See some posts 6 months or so ago
from Bill Studenmund.  IIRC it isn't supposed to matter because OF is
supposed to read the load-base from the XCOFF header.  Sometimes it
does this.  Sometimes it doesn't and you need to make sure it
matches.  Other times you need to make sure they *don't* match
because otherwise it won't read the header properly.

I'm probably making it sound more arcane than it really is.  Errors
are mine, not Bill's.