Subject: Re: New PowerBooks doesn't boot?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Joel Wilsson <joelw@unix.se>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/09/2002 20:02:40
On Monday, December 9, 2002, at 05:48  pm, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:31:02PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
>
>> I recently acquired a new powerbook, and have trouble booting as
>> well... I am hoping to look into it a little perhaps tonight or
>> tomorrow.
>
> So, I haven't been able to determine much so far, except that the
> problem lies within ofwboot itself -- transfer has not yet been
> controlled to the kernel when the fault happens.

Indeed it does - using OpenBSD's ofwboot I can boot the NetBSD
kernel. I replaced ofwboot.xcf with ofwboot from OpenBSD/macppc
3.2 on the tftp server and then netbooted. I put a netbsd.macppc
in the NFS directory (/export/client on my NetBSD server) and typed
in that when I got to the boot prompt.
Seems to work like it should, but unfortunately the built-in keyboard
doesn't work, so now I need is a USB one.