Subject: Re: New PowerBooks doesn't boot?
To: Joel Wilsson , Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/09/2002 08:48:32
On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:31:02PM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

 > I recently acquired a new powerbook, and have trouble booting as
 > well... I am hoping to look into it a little perhaps tonight or
 > tomorrow.

So, I haven't been able to determine much so far, except that the
problem lies within ofwboot itself -- transfer has not yet been
controlled to the kernel when the fault happens.

I note that the first thing we do in ofwboot is scribble all over
OFW's BAT settings.  That seems extremely impolite, and may indeed
cause trouble if we have more BATs (don't the newer G4 CPUs have
more?)