Subject: Re: 300MHz beige G3 questions
To: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
From: David Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/07/2002 14:40:15
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Kevin Diggs wrote:

>     Can I infer from your statements that the bus in my 8600 is running at 5
> MHz under MacOS? Or is it set to 10 by default because in this model the mesh
> is internal only?

You should avoid inferring anything from that comment.  I'd assume that
the default is being set up by open firmware, which on an 8600 should
default to 10 MHz, I think, but don't quote me on that.  Feel free
to probe the registers and find out, though....  As for what Mac OS does
to the chip after it takes control... that's anybody's guess.

David