Subject: Re: XF4 on powerbook G4 (ATI radeon)
To: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2002 21:30:02
> * Starting X with a USB keyboard connected means that the adb keyboard
>   can't be plugged in and used without restarting X, and vice versa.
>   This isn't a major problem, but it would be nice if it worked (I'm
>   using /dev/wskbd).

This is because the "raw keyboard" mode of wskbd is exactly that -- it
gives you raw keyboard codes for whatever type of keyboard you have --
and there's no interface for the X server to know which keyboard is
talking at any given time.  So, the server queries the keyboard type
at startup time, and then translates as appropriate for that type.

The API needs some work here, especially to work well with wsmux.