Subject: Re: PowerMac7500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2002 10:14:44
On Friday 06 December 2002 08:08, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is NetBSD/macppc running on PowerMac 7500?  That is, older 601
> machines.
>
> (They are really cheap, easy to obtain, especially in Akihabara. :-)
>
> Masao

You must upgrade the CPU.  Based on messages seen here a few weeks ago 601
support is still in the early stages.  My 7500 running NetBSD uses a 604
daughtercard from the original run of 9500 systems.  I happened to get my
card for free, but given that we're talking the same era of system I bet you
could find an old 9500 daughtercard real cheap.

-Rich