Subject: Re: XF4 on powerbook G4 (ATI radeon)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2002 13:14:47
Allen,

It seems to work fine, though I've not stressed it. I'm using 16bit
on the LCD at the moment. Both the trackpad and USB mouse work fine.

Some minor quirks:

* Starting X with a USB keyboard connected means that the adb keyboard
  can't be plugged in and used without restarting X, and vice versa.
  This isn't a major problem, but it would be nice if it worked (I'm
  using /dev/wskbd).

* After killing xdm, any keypress event from the USB keyboard results in:

	wskbd_input: evar->q=NULL

  being logged on the console, and the adb keyboard was unresponsive.
  This continued until I unplugged and replugged the keyboard.

* When I booted with the lid closed (ie. using the external display as
  the console), X fired up but didn't display anything. Opening the lid
  didn't enable the LCD, so I had to reboot.

Connecting the external display while using the LCD as the console
works okay (external display is a mirror of LCD).

Is there a way to get both displays to work independantly?

Thanks, Allen!

g.