Subject: Re: Problems with MFS in 1.6 ?
To: <>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/04/2002 21:56:47
> at some point, MFS should be changed to avoid this double memory usage,
> but it's a substantial amount of work.

Maybe eventually this whole idea of "it's a file system, it has to be
cached in RAM" idea should be replaced by some more sophisticated method
which takes speed (and various characteristics) of the affected
device/anything into account, and optimizes its usage by caching the
data on some faster storage means, if available.

mortee

PS.: this post may better belong to some other list, but the one that
brought it in my mind was posted on this one...