Subject: netatalk vs. rtk
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2002 00:41:20
Hi!

Has anyone had any success with netatalk and the rtk driver?

I installed 1.6 and netatalk-1.5.5 on a Network Server 500, with a
RTL8139 10/100 PCI card. It works almost well - on IP, it is
communicating OK.

But unfortunately, the server doesn't show up on any other machine's
chooser. Someone suggested me that DDP is very picky about proper
timing, and if my driver (in this case rtk) is not really good at it,
then I should try another driver for the card, or change the card to
some other model.

May this be a problem? Is there any other rtk driver for NetBSD/macppc
than that in the default kernel?

thx
mortee