Subject: Re: tlp0 causing immediate reboot
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/25/2002 03:22:06
Hi,

> we don't yet support that card, which is indicated by the "no media found"
> message.  however, we should fix it so that for such cards, the device
> instance is just detached rather than being left around to cause trouble.
> further, I have one of these cards and some hints from a linux driver
> on how to add support to our driver for it, so when I get a bit of time
> I'm going to see about getting it working.

I don't know if this is related, but when I was trying to get 1.6-current
onto a 7300, I had a 3com card installed; the install kernel would
spontaneously reboot if I tried to use ex0, but ex0 works fine with 1.6
(not an install kernel).

Too bad I was in a rush to get a system up and running - I'd have liked to
diagnose that more, as well as tried to figure out why all of the -current
snapshots from releng for macppc would die when launching init...

Has anyone else been using -current from releng?

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs