Subject: Re: FWB PCI SCSI JackHammer / Qlogic ISP 1020 Ultra SCSI support
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2002 13:09:52
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> [ I'm the isp author ]
>
> I wouldn't necessarily try and reflash this card- it's a special for
> MACs I believe.

	I don't see how, it is my understanding that the same card should
work in every platfrom, x86, Sun OpenFirmware and Macs, all you had to do
was flash it for OpenFirmware or x86 if you wanted to boot from it on a
PC. I'm probably wrong though.

> Since you have some cards, can you loan me one to put into one of my G4s
> so I can try and put this to bead once and for all?

	Sure! Just hit me up off list with preferred shipping method and
where to send it.

> A 'RAM Checksum failure' has to do with downloading f/w to the card and
> then issuing a mailbox command to ensure that the download worked. The
> fact that it didn't means that SRAM has been corrupted.

	Well it did download something to the card that worked. When I
first installed the card, the open firmware device tree reported it as
/bandit/1077,1020 (I think). After I tried to boot NetBSD on it, halted
back to openfirmware, it is now listed in the device tree as
FWB,JackHammer and has several more entries in .properties. No words still
though, blah. There's gotta be space in there somewhere for OpenFirmware
boot code :) Scrap the Apple ROM driver!