Subject: Re: FWB PCI SCSI JackHammer / Qlogic ISP 1020 Ultra SCSI support
To: Christopher Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/22/2002 07:55:18
[ I'm the isp author ]

I wouldn't necessarily try and reflash this card- it's a special for
MACs I believe.

I keep on getting pulled into this, but I've never had access to a
system that actually has this.

Since you have some cards, can you loan me one to put into one of my G4s
so I can try and put this to bead once and for all?

A 'RAM Checksum failure' has to do with downloading f/w to the card and
then issuing a mailbox command to ensure that the download worked. The
fact that it didn't means that SRAM has been corrupted.

There are two possible areas where we might need to adjust:

a) For 'jackhammer', do *not* download newer f/w. Live with whatever OBP
or other PROMS have set up.

b) For 'jackhammer', the memory timing register (MTR) on the ISP chip
should *not* be reset to that which is normal for any other QLogic- it
has to be left alone (because somebody did a completely different memory
I/F for the SRAM that the chip is talking to). This is an area of h/w
support that is not something that is easy to infer from any parameters
or first principles.

But to check all of this out, I need a bloody card. Can you loan me one?

-matt