Subject: Re: PPC601 support, and macs without openfirmware
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Walther <trag@io.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/21/2002 17:34:24
At 13:16 -0800 11/21/2002, David Gatwood wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, John Klos wrote:
>

>The first generation PowerMacs -- that is, the {6,7,8,9}1xx family -- have
>lots of hardware in common with the PCI PowerMacs (and AV Quadras).  They
>use MACE ethernet, 53C(F)94 SCSI, and CUDA adb.  They have an interrupt
>controller that is similar to what is found on PCI PowerMacs.

Is there information on the PCI PowerMacs interrupt controller
available somewhere?   That's handled by the Grand Central chip, yes?
I'm wondering how many interrupts there are, which are allocated
where, and what unused interrupts might be available.  In particular,
I'm wondering if there are unused interrupts run out to pins on the
Grand Central.

For example each slot in the six slot machines has it's own
interrupt.  The interrupt for each PCI slot is connected to its own
pin on Grand Central.  So three of those interrupts are not used in a
three slot machine, unless they are used by the built-in video
circuitry on the {7,8} {5,6} 00.   I want to figure out which of
those are available on which machines.

Jeff Walther