Subject: Re: PowerBook Support
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2002 01:23:43
That's what I figured as far as APM support. On i386 machines, APM
works fairly well under FreeBSD and OpenBSD as long as the APM hardware
is pretty standard (i.e. my Dell Inspiron laptop designed to run Linux
works fine while my Sony VAIO laptop which is closely tied to Windows
and ACPI doesn't always work quite right). I have no experience with
NetBSD on i386 laptops so I really am not sure. That's good to know
that battery % is available.

Bryan