Subject: Re: dhclient help needed
To: Philip Brodd <pheelb@yahoo.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/29/2002 14:09:50
On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Philip Brodd wrote:

> Thanks, Truman.  That worked.  I guess I have a mistaken idea of how the
> process works;  shouldn't dhclient be able to fetch a nameserver IP so that I
> don't have to manually enter one?

For me it does.

# Created by dhclient at: Tue Oct 29 09:03:42 PST 2002
search FOO.BAR.BAZ
nameserver 10.0.0.1

Do you have your dhcp server set up right? I have:

        option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1;
        option domain-name "FOO.BAR.BAZ";

It could be your service provider does things differently. If so, then the
script might need tweaking.

Also look at /sbin/dhclient-script, it is the script that sets this stuff
up.

Take care,

Bill