Subject: Whoa doggies! was: sysinst changes to handle Apple Disk Partition
To: Bob Nestor , port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/21/2002 12:12:55
At 6:31 PM -0500 10/20/02, Bob Nestor wrote:
>I ported the mac68k version of sysinst to the macppc port so it can
>handle the Apple Disk Partition Map.  You should have a good backup
>of your disk before trying this out though.
>
>If anyone tries this out and finds a problem, please let me know.

So you're telling me we can support APM in sysinst with this patch?!?!!?

OK, I guess it doesn't follow that we support native booting under
all versions of OF, right?  Just means that all the people using OF3
systems don't get hosed by the default install method.  That's still
an enormous simplification of the install instructions.