Subject: USB CF reader for ibook?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Hudak <dhudak@karlnet.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/17/2002 20:09:00
Greetings.

I am trying to get a usb compact flash (CF) reader to work with netbsd=20=

1.6 generic on my white ibook (dual usb, 500 MHz).

I have tried a couple of readers (Smartdisk SM/CF combo and SanDisk=20
Imagemate SDDR-05), but those come up with the generic driver (ugen0) ,=20=

so I figure they are not supported.

Then, I tried the Genesys Logic USB storage device - it comes up as=20
umass0 at uhub0.  Then, I get a bunch of lines saying:

BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
BBB reset failed, IOERROR

After that, I have tried to access sd0 and sd1, but there was nothing=20
there.

Does anyone have a usb compact flash reader working with netbsd 1.6 on=20=

an ibook?  If so, what kind?  Or do I need to build a new kernel?

I am pretty new to netbsd, so don't suspect a lot of expertise on my=20
end!  Thanks for help.

Dave
--=20
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.=A0=A0 dhudak@karlnet.com