Subject: Re: boot .iso on beige G3 MT?
To: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/16/2002 10:08:22
On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Charlie Allom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anyone help me with the right boot settings for boting the CD on a
> beige G3 MT?

Note: I have MacOS X installed on this machine, and my boot method for CD
uses their patches.

Here's the string I used last time I did this:

ide1/@0,:11

To boot CDs on these machines, you have to setenv boot-file to the string,
then reset-all, then type "boot" a few times. The same string typed in
after the boot command will NOT work. Don't understand why, but there that
is.

Note that as an effect of how the MacOS X patches work, you will have to
type boot twice; it fails the first time but applies a patch as its
cleaning up. Second time works.

Note I'm booting using the bootxx loader installed on the CD. There is no
partition 11, but that doesn't matter.

Take care,

Bill