Subject: Re: Problem to boot post-install
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?brice=20VINCENT?= <kamel8fr@yahoo.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2002 19:05:51
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, [iso-8859-1] brice VINCENT wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a powerpc G3 750 beige 233Mhz with open firware
> 2.0f1 , and i not arrive to boot netbsd 1.5.3 ( i not
> install 1.6 because i not arrive to boot from a floppy
> or cd ( i think that not possible with cd , but i not
> know lot of the macintosh ) , i read in this list that
> not possible ).

Booting these machines from CD is possible. I was able to do it earlier
tonight.

> When  i boot i see that cant open
> ide0/disk@0.8,\ofwboot.xcf

That bootstring won't work. The "0.8" part is not valid at all.

Also, where did you get it from? It LOOKS like it is trying to boot an
already-installed system, but you said you haven't been able to boot from
a floppy nor from a CD, so I don't see how you could have an installed
system.

> i tryed to change with ide0/disk@0.0,\ofwboot.xcf but
> same style
> and same with ide1/disk@0.8,\ofwboot.xcf or
> ide1/disk@0.0,\ofwboot.xcf
>
> i have this with the out of " devalias "
>
> pci=09=09/pci@800000000
> mac-io=09=09/pci/mac-io
> kbd=09=09/pci/mac-io/via-cuda/adb/keyboard
> mouse=09=09/pci/mac-io/via-cuda/adb/mouse
> screen=09=09/pci/ATY,mach64_3DU
> ttya=09=09/pci/mac-io/escc/ch-a
> ttyb=09=09/pci/mac-io/escc/ch-b
> scsi=09=09/pci/mac-io/mesh
> scsi-int=09/pci/mac-io/mesh
> ide0=09=09/pci/mac-io/ide@20000
> ide=09=09/pci/mac-io/ide@20000
> ata-int=09=09/pci/mac-io/ide@20000
> ide1=09=09/pci/mac-io/ide@21000
> enet=09=09/pci/mac-io/bmac
> swim=09=09/pci/mac-io/swim3
> fd=09=09/pci/mac-io/swim3
> ok
>

> i have this with the out of " printenv "
>
> little-endian?=09false
> real-mode?=09false
> auto-boot?=09true
> diag-switch?=09false
> fcode-debug?=09false
> oem-banner?=09false
> oem-logo?=09false
> use-nvramrc?=09false
> real-base=09F00000
> real-size=09100000
> virt-base=09-1
> virt-size=09100000
> load-base=09600000
> pci-probe-list=09-1
> screen-#colums=0964
> screen-#rows=0928
> selftest-#megs=090
> boot-device=09ide0/disk@0:8,\ofwboot.xcf
> boot-file=09setenv boot-file ide0/disk@0:13,/netbsd

That is wrong too! Try leaving bootfile blank.