Subject: Re: patching failed
To: Jeff <jeff@praeclara.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2002 09:50:24
On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Jeff wrote:

> Can someone explain what to do when you are using pkgsrc to make a
> paackage (in this case, I'm trying to install rp-pppoe) and it exits
> with error 1 during 'make' :
>
> Patching failed due to modified patch file(s): patch-ag
> ***Error Code 1
>
> Is there a simple way for a rookie to get around this and install the
> package anyway?

I'd suggest figuring out what's wrong.

The error is indicating that your patch-ag file has a different checksum
that the version of the file checked into the repository. i.e. your
patch-ag file looks corrupt.

Try downloading that file from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/net/rp-pppoe/patches/patch-ag

Oh, I assume you're using 1.5.3. 1.6 has pppoe in the kernel.

Take care,

Bill