Subject: NAT Question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff <jeff@praeclara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2002 10:11:25
My ipnat question is pretty straightforward.  I know that you're not
_supposed_ to do this, but I want to anyway.  How does one (or can one)
use a box with only 1 NIC (and one static IP) to accomplish network
address
and port forwarding on NetBSD?  I've searched high and low, and I've
read
all the docs I could find (there's a _lot_).  But they all explain the
ipnat procedure with 2 NICs.

Anyone want to point me to a how-to or doc?  Or just tell me?  I'm
pretty
sure it's an easy task, as I was able to do it with one or two commands
on OS X
and LinuxPPC.

My setup is simply the Performa with the connection to the outside
world.
And then 2 computers behind the Performa (I want these to be
192.168.*.*)
I want the Performa (obviously) to do the address and port translating
for the other
2 machines.

A long time ago (July 91) someone sent me a link (offlist) that gives
the info I ask for below.  Does anyone have this link?  Or a new link?

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

Jeffrey P. Hergan, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Philosophy