Subject: help installing onto 1.6 onto powermac 7300
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/10/2002 06:08:24
I've got the install iso cd image, and I'm trying to install
1.6 onto a completely empty disk.  The disk has had neither
macos nor netbsd installed on it before.

sysinst notes that the disk does not have a macos or netbsd
disklable. sysinst then runs the disklabel -r command, which fails.
I suspect that I need to do something from the shell before sysinst
tries to install the partition map to get this to work right.

any ideas on how to proceed? I didn't see this mentioned in the
1.6 macppc install notes.

-russ