Subject: Re: Newish TiBook 800 Qs
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/04/2002 16:06:12
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Allen Briggs wrote:
> 3) After hacking the radeon driver in XFree86 4.2 by reducing
>    RADEON_MMIOSIZE from 512K to 64K (to match the PCI space),
>    X starts up, but doesn't quite sync right.  When I try to

I can't help you with any of your questions, but wanted to mention that
XF86 doesn't work on my PowerMac G4 w/Radeon either. I'm using
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/X-4.2.0-current/xf-4.2.0.tar.bz2
When I start X, the monitor goes blank, but the X server itself does
seem to be running (I can set DISPLAY on another machine and run
xdpyinfo and other X clients).

Has anyone had any luck getting XF86 to work on any macppc with Radeon
video?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++