Subject: Re: 7300 : no Bootable HFS partition?
To: Francis Koclas <francis@koclas.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/22/2002 20:42:52
At 10:08 PM -0400 9/22/02, Francis Koclas wrote:
>Thanks for all the help folks! My 7300 now happily runs NetBSD 1.6!!
>Now if only I could get the display to looks better.... its full of
>garbage around the white part where all the action happens!

If you start X then it knows how to clear the margins.  The X server
is kind of a heavyweight screen saver though.  ;-)

One of these days someone should figure out what the call is that X
uses to clear the whole screen and put it into the console driver so
text-only users can get "the right thing" (tm) done.