Subject: Re: 7300 : no Bootable HFS partition?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Francis Koclas <francis@koclas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/22/2002 22:08:09
------------------
 >I guess putting ofwboot.xcf on a macos (hfs) partition (# 4 in your
 >case)
------------------

I initially made a 2 mb partition in case I would have to put the
ofwboot.xcf there, but then i remembered that OF 1.0.5 does not support
HFS filesystems. Since I already had the base system installed, I
thought I would leave it like so.

I just re-installed NetBSD 1.6 and used the entire disk instead. It was
far easier, and now it actually boots!!! ;-)))

My drive (9gb Seagate Baraccuda 7200rpm) is now configured as

/  <--> 200mb
swap <--> 450mb
/usr <--> the rest

 >>So I set my
 >>boot-device to scsi-int/sd@0:0
 >>Then boot-file netbsd

Yep, that did it =)

 >Let's not forget that installboot is used by sysinst.

Yep! As I said its far easier than invoking it manually!

Thanks for all the help folks! My 7300 now happily runs NetBSD 1.6!!
Now if only I could get the display to looks better.... its full of
garbage around the white part where all the action happens!

Francis