Subject: Re: 7300 booting
To: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/2002 18:18:35
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Joe Laffey wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Try 1.5.3. Or try the 1.5.3 boot floppies.
>
> Can I use the ofwboot.xcf from 1.5.3 with the new install kernel (1.6)? I
> tried the boot.fs from 1.5.3 and it worked fine. It did not report any of
> the READ TIMEOUT errors I was getting with the 1.6 boot.fs.

Yes, I think you can try that. Running installboot on the boot.fs using
the 1.5.3 ofwboot (not not .xcf since that's not what installlboot wants)
should be fine.

If you can cross-compile releases, I suspect an entire 1.6 build hacked up
so it uses the 1.5.3 ofwboot/ofwboot.xcf should work fine.

So after 6 builds, the problem occured between July 22, 2000 and August
15, 2000. Still checking, but it's nice now that I've gotten two good
ofwboot's. :-|

Take care,

Bill