Subject: Re: multiple partitioning questions
To: mike <mfoverbo@int287.k12.mn.us>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2002 12:08:01
At 8:35 PM -0500 9/12/02, mike wrote:
>Is there any known good reason that the osx 'disk utility' won't let
>me create a partition size less than 2.16 gb?  2.16gb is a mite
>extravagant for swap.
>
>If I can use sysinst to split wd0a into 2 partitions, what are safe
>cylinder size & offset values, taking 512mb of swap into account?

I have PB G4 GigE similar to yours.  I used the Apple Disk utility to
partition it as follows:

    9:            Apple_HFS untitled           44694824 @ 1544     ( 21.3G)
   10:      Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Swap                2097152 @ 44696368 (  1.0G)
   11:      Apple_UNIX_SVR2 A/UX Root          11811578 @ 46793520 (  5.6G)
   12:           Apple_Free Extra                    22 @ 58605098

I don't recall any difficulty.

As you can see from the sizes I primarily use OSX on this machine.  I
see that 1.6 has gone final, so I'll probably give it a whirl in my
"copious free time".  There were some keyboard support issues the
last time I tried.