Subject: accidentally "setenv real-base 600000" on Beige G3 (OF 2.4)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin K Woo <kevwoo@au1.ibm.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2002 09:08:15
Hi,

      As the subject header indicates, I accidentally set real-base to
600000 instead of F00000, and now my Beige G3 (266 mhz with OF 2.4) won't
boot into Mac OS 9.1 or into the Open Firmware screen. I've tried
unsuccessfully the following to fix my machine:

      - Option-Command-P-R to zap the PRAM
      - Option-Command-N-V to zap the NVRAM
      - Removing the battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes
      - Removing a 2inch x 2inch card from the motherboard for 10 minutes
(I thought it *might* have been the OF card)
      - I didn't find the hard power switch

      I'm about to take the Mac to a Mac store for a quote on repairs. Does
anyone have any other suggestions to try before I the machine to the store?

Regards,

Kevin Keith WOO
Analyst Programmer
IBM Global Services Australia