Subject: Re: accidentally "setenv real-base 600000" on Beige G3 (OF 2.4)
To: Kevin K Woo <kevwoo@au1.ibm.com>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/12/2002 16:23:06
Don't know if this is present on your machine, or if it will help,
but when trying to get OS X 10.1 to boot from the IDE drive on my
233MHz Beige G3 (OFW 2.01f I think), the Apple phone support people
told me to press the mother board reset button.  IIRC it is a tiny
switch between two of the PCI slots (or maybe between the slot and
board edge).  It looks like a big surface mount resistor or cap.

They never did get my problem solved, so I have 10.1 on an external
SCSI disk.  (It will not boot if I move it internally either.)
They said it would need to go on a test bench to go farther, and
I figure it works, just not as well as I'd like, but I'm cheap