Subject: Re: macppc boot cd how-to?
To: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/05/2002 07:25:40
On torsdag, sep 5, 2002, at 06:31 Europe/Copenhagen, Rich Noonan wrote:

> I was reading a page under netbsd.org/ports/macppc/ recently which
> explicity
> described how to create a bootable CD for macppc.  I'm familiar with
> the bits
> of this process described in the NetBSD Guide and the NetBSD/macppc
> 1.5.3
> Install Notes, however, unless I'm hallucinating this was a dedicated
> FAQ/How-to on this issue.  Tonight I can't find that page anywhere.  Is
> anyone able to provide me the URL?

I'm not sure if this is, what you are looking for:
	http://www.dk.netbsd.org/Documentation/bootcd.html#macppcimage

Note the part about 'some special magic' (src/distrib/cdrom). Anybody
comment on this?

If you don't do this, you can still boot the ofwboot.xcf off your 1.5.2
CD and then swap CDs before you load the kernel off you 1.5.3 CD.

Daniel