Subject: Re: OF trouble on 7500
To: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
From: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/03/2002 00:18:37
On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Rich Noonan wrote:
>=20
> System is a 7500 long ago upgraded with a 604 from a 9500.  Works fine un=
der=20
> OS9.  I applied the patch to System Disk, set to boot to OF, and hit save=
=2E =20
> The system comes up and seems to sync video just fine, but I only get the=
=20
> white screen.  No text, no prompt.  I have not attempted going over seria=
l as=20
> I'm anticipating needing X on this system and would prefer to get this so=
rted=20
> out.  Any suggestions no what to try next?

Did you set output device to "/chaos/control" in "System Disk"?

=09Regards
        J=FCrgen
--=20
J=FCrgen Tritthardt              Max-Planck-Institut f=FCr med. Forschung
Tel. 06221/486279                          Abt. Biomedizinische Optik
Fax. 06221/486225                       Jahnstr. 29, 69120 Heidelberg