Subject: Fwd: Re: OF trouble on 7500
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/02/2002 21:39:59
Originally intended for the list at large...

Subject: Re: OF trouble on 7500
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:48:56 -0400
From: Rich Noonan <macppc@fightgravity.com>
To: Juergen Tritthardt <juergent@mpimf-heidelberg.mpg.de>

On Monday 02 September 2002 06:18, Juergen Tritthardt wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Rich Noonan wrote:
> > System is a 7500 long ago upgraded with a 604 from a 9500.  Works fine
> > under OS9.  I applied the patch to System Disk, set to boot to OF, and
> > hit save. The system comes up and seems to sync video just fine, but I
> > only get the white screen.  No text, no prompt.  I have not attempted
> > going over serial as I'm anticipating needing X on this system and would
> > prefer to get this sorted out.  Any suggestions no what to try next?
>
> Did you set output device to "/chaos/control" in "System Disk"?

Yes, I did.  There's definetely a video signal.  I get the white background
 as expected.  The impression I get is that OF has not loaded fully.  I type
 commands such as reset-all, bye, etc. and nothing happens.  So, it's not
 that I'm just not seeing the prompt and banner.  I would presume the system
 is just dead, but I can zap the pram and still boot into OS9 just fine.